I LOVE tuna casserole. It's my chosen comfort food. Yummy noodles and tuna, mixed with creamy mushroom soup, crisp veggies and cheese. What could be better?!
Massive cans of tuna we buy that are soooo cost effective!
I buy the massive 4 pound cans of tuna. Don't be afraid of these massive cans. They are much more cost effective than the regular smaller sized cans and if you are a tuna lover than you will have no problem finding recipes to use it all up. For me, one 4 pound can normally makes two casseroles for freezing, and a whole pile of Tuna Meatballs. I sometimes make tuna burgers but we've found we prefer the meatballs better.
This recipe freezes well and reheats with ease, so I recommend doubling or tripling the recipe and making two large casseroles; freezing one for a quick meal on a busy day.
|Quick and Easy Tuna Casserole ingredients ready to be mixed.|
Easy Tuna Casserole
by Kaitlyn McFadden
- 7oz of medium width rice noodles (half of a 14oz package)
- 1/2 large onion finely diced
- 1/2 large red bell pepper finely diced
- 2 cups of drained canned tuna
- 1 can of condensed cream of mushroom soup (low sodium/low fat)
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp granular garlic
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- *can add an additional ½ cup of a preferred veggie (I like asparagus)
- *OR add 2 handfuls of fresh baby spinach (Pictured at the top of the page)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook noodles in boiling water for 6-7 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to prevent the noodles from continuing to cook.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a large bowl mix ALL of the ingredients together and pour into a lightly greased 9X13 inch casserole dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
|Quick and Easy Tuna Casserole|