Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Barefoot Bubbly - Pinot Grigio and a wedding

Barefoot Bubbly - Pinot Grigio
I have an excuse for not blogging in over a week...I got married!

But I was thinking of my blog as I was eating cake and drinking sparkling wine. ;)

We drank a fantastic celebratory bottle of sparkling wine after the big event. (Note the swanky hotel accommodations I managed to get my parents...lol)

 I chose this wine for its price and uniqueness. It's not often that you come across a bottle of sparkling pinot grigio in the supermarket. Barefoot had a selection of four 'bubbly' wines. They were beautifully chosen so that you can pick the perfect bottle to suit your taste. You have a choice between sweet (pinot grigio), semi-sweet, off-dry, and dry.

Shawn and I are not fans of sparkling wines and we often skip them during tastings. The bubbles just seem to sit in our bellies and make us uncomfortable. However, champagne is traditional for wedding toasts so we needed a bottle that we could open with a celebratory...'pop'!

I'm so glad I chose this wine. It was sweet, light, crisp and went down super easy. Shawn even liked it and for a couple that avoids carbonated drinks, we managed to drink a few glasses ;) That's saying something!

This bubbly wine is excellent. I highly recommend it for any special occasion, or even just a picnic in the park.

And remember, Barefoot has their act together. If sweet is not your thing than they have three other options for you!

Score: 87%

Enjoying Barefoot Bubbly Pinot Grigio