Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Easy Ice Cream Cake - Fudge Brownie Bottom

Easy Ice Cream Cake - Fudge Brownie Bottom with Mint Ice Cream
For my untraditional wedding I decided to do an untraditional thing by making my own untraditional wedding cake. Shawn got to choose the type of cake and he chose...ice cream. Yes, he chose ice cream cake for our wedding cake. And not only did he want ice cream cake, but he wanted two!

This is the first of the two I made. Fudge brownie bottom with mint ice cream layered on top, drizzled with chocolate fudge! Yum!

I was not going to make the ice cream...there is no way you'll ever get me to buy heavy cream. So we bought the ice cream and the fudge while I made the brownie crust. I used my totally awesome recipe for best ever fudge brownies.

Its simple to make and so delicious. Its also gorgeous to look at but don't look too long because that ice cream will melt!

Easy Ice Cream Cake - Fudge Brownie Bottom
by Kaitlyn McFadden

Ingredients:

  • Brownies baked in a 9X13 metal pan lined with parchment paper. (Recipe here)
  • 1 quart of ice cream (flavor of your choice)
  • hot fudge for garnish

Directions:
  1. Once the brownies have cooled remove from pan and peel off the parchment paper. I stuck my brownies in the freezer for 30 mins right before topping with ice cream.
  2. Thaw ice cream on counter until it is soft enough to spread...but not runny.
  3. Place the whole sheet of brownies on a cookie sheet and top generously with the softened ice cream.
  4. Spread to desired thickness. Mine was equal parts brownie and ice cream.
  5. Heat up the fudge and drizzle on top of the ice cream.
  6. Place in freezer until frozen solid. I made mine the day before so it hung out overnight.
  7. To serve, transfer sheet of ice cream cake to a large cutting board and cut into squares.