|Pulled Pork Pizza|
Symptoms are the continual use of the same ingredients on a regular basis. These items include, but are not limited to italian ingredients such as, marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni.
This recipe is a cure for pizza rut...no joke. It tastes so unique and yummy that it will kick your culinary creativity into overdrive. You'll be putting all sorts of crazy things; like artichokes, pesto, and pears, on your pizza in no time. But lets not get ahead of ourselves. ;)
I made this pizza as late-night dinner when my brother-in-law and sister-in-law were in town visiting us this past weekend. I've made it before but this time I added 2 new ingredients that took this pizza from 'great' to 'I can't wait until I get to make this again'!
Mmmm. Just thinking about this pizza makes me hungry.
This pizza is a lovely balance of sweet and spicy. The sweet from the BBQ sauce, melt-in-your-mouth pulled pork, and balsamic sauteed onions blends perfectly with the heat from the green chilies and pepper jack cheese.
Next time you cook some pork shoulder, set aside some of it for this pizza. You won't be disappointed!
**Recipe note: The amount of toppings listed is a general guideline. It will vary according to the size of the pizza and personal taste (whether you prefer your pizza heavily topped or lightly topped). This recipe is for two large pizzas.
Pulled Pork Pizza
by Kaitlyn McFadden
- prepared pizza dough (recipe here - this one is excellent BTW)
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of Pulled Pork (recipe here)
- 1 batch of BBQ sauce (recipe here)
- 1 onion sliced and sauteed with canola oil and a splash of balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup of diced green chilies (drained if you are using canned)
- 1/2 cup of diced red pepper (drained if you are using canned)
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of shredded pepper jack cheese
- Place pizza stone or cast iron skillet in oven or BBQ. Preheat oven or BBQ to 500F.
- Roll out prepared dough into desired shape and size. Place on parchment paper.
- Top pizza in this order: BBQ sauce, pulled pork, sauteed onions, green chilies, red pepper, cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese.
- Place the pizza and parchment paper on your pizza stone and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven or BBQ and let the pizza sit for 2 minutes before slicing up.