|Red Pepper Hummus|
I bought what I thought was a GIANT can of roasted red peppers only to bring it home and find out that it simply contained diced red peppers...lol! But I decided to stick with my plan and make Roasted Red Pepper Hummus but with unroasted red peppers.
It turned out yummy. Lacking the smokey roasted favour but yummy never-the-less. The colour is gorgeous so if you are having people over last minute and want a fancier better looking hummus to serve but have no roasted peppers, grab a red pepper!
Red Pepper Hummus
by Kaitlyn McFadden
- 1 15 ounce can of chick peas drained and rinsed
- 6 ounces diced red bell peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste or peanut butter
- 3 tbsp of lemon juice
- salt and pepper to season