Fall tastes really yummy.
Don't tell summer. ;-)
adapted from Allrecipes
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of butter softened or canola oil or butter substitute
- 1 cup of whole wheat AP flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp of ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 cup of applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix the egg, brown sugar, and butter together in a large bowl until smooth. Add the flour, baking soda, salt and spices to the bowl and stir. Once the batter starts to look dry add the applesauce. The applesauce will add immediate moisture. Mix well until batter is smooth.
- Pour into a prepared 9 inch cake pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a rack and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- This cake is light, moist and full of just the right about of spice...enjoy!