Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Thick and Creamy Hummus without Tahini (New and Improved)

Thick and Creamy Hummus without Tahini (My new and improved recipe!)
I already posted a recipe for Hummus without Tahini but after making it almost daily in this heat, I decided that the recipe could use some work. It wasn't thick enough - I like my hummus to be almost spreadable. And it just needed more *umpf* in the flavour department. So I've reworked it and I love the end result. I think you will too! However if you still like the old recipe you can find it here (Old Hummus without Tahini Recipe)

Thick and Creamy Hummus without Tahini

Ingredients:
  • 1 15oz can of garbanzo/chickpeas drained and rinsed
  • 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons of olive oil (I use canola)
  • 2 teaspoons of garlic powder (Sometimes I add a little extra if I want extra garlic flavour)
  • 1 tablespoon of creamy peanut butter
  • sea salt, black pepper, and diced red pepper for garnish (optional)
Directions:
  • Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until thick and creamy. Top with a sprinkling of sea salt, black pepper and diced red pepper. Dig in! :)
Thick and Creamy Hummus without Tahini - it rhymes!