I wrote this post in advance because at this moment I'm vacationing on the beautiful Oregon coast!
I prepared the beef and this Thai Marinade in advance of this vacation and so it will have had a few days to soak up all the flavor. We are probably eating it as you read this....nomnomnom.
*this recipe is scaled for about 3-4 pounds of diced beef
- 3-4 pounds of diced beef (I've used sirloin, flank, and tri-tip. The meat pictured is from 6 rib steaks trimmed of all fat and bone)
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp of lime juice or vinegar
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
Mix all of the ingredients with the beef and toss to coat. Refrigerate over night in large ziplock or a bowl tightly sealed with plastic wrap.
To serve: Grill on pre-soaked (only if using wood) skewers alternating beef with red pepper and onion. Serve with vegetable brown rice and peanut sauce (peanut sauce recipe coming soon!)
|Tasty Thai Marinade|