Sunday, August 7, 2011

Thai Marinade

Thai Marinade
I wrote this post in advance because at this moment I'm vacationing on the beautiful Oregon coast! 

I prepared the beef and this Thai Marinade in advance of this vacation and so it will have had a few days to soak up all the flavor. We are probably eating it as you read this....nomnomnom.

This marinade is my attempt at recreating the yummy goodness of thai beef satay. I threw together all the ingredients I thought might be in a thai marinade such as lime juice, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and sweet chili sauce. The combination was perfect! The beef was tender and so flavourful. It was good on its own but I just had to serve it with peanut sauce as well. The peanut sauce took the whole dish completely over-the-top amazing good! Be sure to check out my awesomely delicious and easy to make recipe for peanut sauce.

Thai Marinade

*this recipe is scaled for about 3-4 pounds of diced beef

Ingredients:
  • 3-4 pounds of diced beef (I've used sirloin, flank, and tri-tip. The meat pictured is from 6 rib steaks trimmed of all fat and bone)
  • 2 tbsp of soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp of sweet chili sauce
  • 2 tbsp of lime juice or vinegar
  • 3 cloves of garlic minced
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp ginger
  • 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
Mix all of the ingredients with the beef and toss to coat. Refrigerate over night in large ziplock or a bowl tightly sealed with plastic wrap. 

To serve: Grill on pre-soaked (only if using wood) skewers alternating beef with red pepper and onion. Serve with vegetable brown rice and peanut sauce (peanut sauce recipe coming soon!)

Tasty Thai Marinade