Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Bay Bridge Cabernet Sauvignon - Guest Wine Review

Bay Bridge Cabernet Sauvignon - Guest review from my sister!
My sister came down to Bend to visit me a few weeks ago. We had a blast, shopping, biking, cooking, hiking Crater Lake, swimming Crater Lake, and drinking wine of course! Chelsey is not a big beer drinker and I was happy to have someone to share a bottle with. I let her choose from our vast collection of 2.99-6.99 bottles of wine and she chose a bottle of Bay Bridge Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon. Cab Sauv's are her favourite varietal and these grapes were from California (my favourite region for Cabs) so I was happy!

I thought it would be fun for her to do a guest post, giving me a break and letting you the readers hear a different point of view. So without further adieu...and there was a whole lot, sorry Chelly for taking so long to transcribe this...here is Chelsey!

Bay Bridge Cab-Sauv Review
Bay Bridge Cabernet Sauvignon
Tasting Notes by Chelsey Vriezen

My 1st initial thoughts, after I let it breathe of course, was that it smelled fruity. Alas I put on my wine connoisseur hat and took in the oaky-vanilla notes, finally deciphering the 'fruity' notes as a combination of red berries.

The subtle undertones of the tannins arrive first to your taste buds. The tannins are light and delightfully tickle the back of your tongue. They leave your mouth feeling like it was just seduced in a sweet summers affair and dazzled with an oak diamond on the eve of autumn.

This wine is smooth and sultry with an almost crisp, fresh finish. I feel like its so crisp but also richly flavored and very full bodied.

This wine is great for a warm summer evening on the patio or even a cozy movie night by the fire.

Those Californians really know how to pick a grape!