|Cookie Dough Balls|
So we shopped, rode bikes, hiked and swam Crater Lake, and shopped and rode bikes some more. To be honest it was great just spending time with her; it didn't matter what we did.
Our evenings were spent making yummy dinners and catching up on our favourite shows but on one particular evening we also wanted dessert. Chelsey wanted cookie dough but not cookies so we searched around for a raw cookie dough recipe that is safe to eat (ie. no raw eggs). To my slight dismay the recipe couldn't be healthy. So no ground up nuts or dates...Chelsey wanted a real cookie dough taste with real butter and sugar. We found the perfect recipe at Joy the Baker. Chelsey gave me a break from the kitchen and whipped them up herself.
This recipe is so delicious we ate three in a row.
I don't even want to think about all the empty calories in just one of those little balls let alone three! But if a long over due visit with a sister isn't an event worthy of real butter and sugar...then what is?
|My sister shows off her Cookie Dough Balls|
Cookie Dough Balls
from Joy the Baker
makes about 12 two-bite balls
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt or applesauce or peanut butter (we did peanut butter)
- 1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Cream together the butter, sugars, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the yogurt/applesauce/peanut butter
- Mix the flour and baking soda together and stir into the butter mixture.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use your hands to form into balls. Eat three immediately and store the rest in the freezer. :)