|Eggless Snickerdoodle Pancakes - excuse my bad photo|
I make pancakes a lot and I think they are pretty good. But they never all leave my skillet perfectly shaped, I rarely top them with syrup - lemon juice is my fav, I never eat 6 of them in one sitting - all perfectly stacked like that, and I'm always super hungry therefore lighting and composition are the least of my worries at 8 am in the morning. Because of this I take bad pancake photos and bad crepe photos for that matter too.
I hope you don't mind.
Cause this recipe is delicious. Don't let my bad photo deceive you ;-)
Eggless Snickerdoodle Pancakes
Makes 6 pancakes that are seriously good; so good I eat them plain!
- 1 cup of AP flour, whole wheat is great!
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 cup of plain soy milk
- 2 tbsp of canola oil
- 2 tbsp of water
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 200F
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large bowl and make a well. Whisk the wet ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Pour the wet into the well in the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Don't over stir.
- Heat skillet to medium and add a little oil or butter. Pour batter onto the skillet - approximately 1/4 cup of batter per pancake.
- Cook until edges are firm and there are bubbles on top. Flip and cook for another minute. Remove from skillet, place in oven safe dish and store in the heated oven. Repeat until you are done cooking the pancakes and you are ready to serve.