Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Peanut Sauce

Delicious Peanut Sauce
I love a good peanut sauce and after trying quite a few recipes and ingredient combinations I've hit gold! This peanut sauce is the best! And obviously I'm not ashamed to admit it ;) In my opinion it has the best balance of sweet, salty, peanuts and heat. The texture is perfect, smooth and not too thick. This sauce is the perfect compliment for chicken satay, beef satay, fried tofu, stir fry, rice, and spring rolls. 

I recommend whipping up a batch of my Thai marinade, grilling some beef and vegetable skewers, cooking some rice and serving this peanut sauce for dinner tonight. You won't regret it!

Peanut Sauce

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup of smooth peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup of honey
  • 5 cloves of garlic minced
  • 5 tbsp of low sodium soy sauce
  • 3 tbsp of white vinegar (rice wine, apple cider or red wine vinegar will work too)
  • 3 tbsp of canola oil
  • 2 tbsp of ginger
  • 1 tbsp of sesame oil
  • 1 tsp of red pepper flakes

Directions:
  • Whisk all ingredients together in a medium sauce pan and bring to a low simmer. Remove from heat and let cool. As the sauce cools it will thicken.