|Sweet Potato Curry|
I made naan to serve with it but I'm not quite happy with my naan recipe yet so you'll have to wait on that. Shawn also enjoyed this curry with a spoonful or two of my Curried Apple Chutney on the side. I passed, finding the curry sweet and flavourful enough for my taste.
Sweet Potato Curry
by Kaitlyn McFadden
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tbsp of ginger
- 3 tbsp of yellow curry powder
- 1 14oz can light coconut milk (I use Trader Joes)
- 2 tablespoons of red curry paste (I used Thai because that's what I always have on hand)
- 1 tsp of sriracha sauce (optional)
- 1 large sweet potato cubed
- 1 cup cashews or peanuts
- 1 14oz can of chickpeas
- In a large deep skillet heat up the oil and saute the onion for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger and curry powder and continue to cook for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk, curry paste and sriracha and mix until well combined and the paste is no longer lumpy. Bring to a boil. Add the cubed sweet potato and reduce to a simmer. Cover with a lid. Cook until potato is tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- When the sweet potato is tender stir in the nuts and chickpeas. Simmer for 5 minutes longer with the lid on. Garnish with scallions, parsley or cilantro and serve with brown rice or/and naan.